Making an easy and delicious breakfast could not have been easier. It is time to ditch the traditional sweetened sugar cereals and try our simple frozen fruit oatmeal.
There are many benefits to adding oatmeal into your diet. According to Health Canada, “Oat fibre helps reduce/lower cholesterol, (which is) a risk factor for heart disease.” Oats are not only healthier but adding fruits and maple syrup to the recipe will sweeten your breakfast which is a great alternative into satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of milk (1% organic milk or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup of frozen fruits (let them thaw while you are cooking)
- 1 table spoon of maple syrup
- Pour one cup of oatmeal and one cup of milk into a pot and mix for five minutes
- Add 1 cup of frozen fruits
- Add 1 table spoon of Maple Syrup (to taste)
- Serve and enjoy!